Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Citizens Briefing Book

I just came across the Citizens Briefing Book at change.gov. I have no idea how effective this will be in helping the new administration to stay in touch with the grass roots, but I like the idea.

There are thousands of ideas listed there, many of which are redundant. One of them so far was originated by me, and it is a topic you are familiar with from these pages. You can find it here.

I strongly suggest that you sign up with this government web site and vote on the ideas that you feel strongly about. I have just begun to browse through the ideas there, and it's a bit overwhelming if you try to absorb it all. I started by searching for a few topics. By far, the issue of the drug war and decriminalization of marijuana is the most active topic I have come across so far. Also very active is the issue of investigating the outgoing administration for war crimes.

Check it out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this idea Michael. Thank you for passing it along via your blog. I may never have found out about it. I returned from Africa last night, so I've a lot of catching up to do with my everyday tasks, but I'll certainly be diving into this to see what others are suggesting. Hopefully I'll have something to contribute of my own. Thanks!

Michael Reddell said...

I got a note today saying the voting on these ideas is about to come to an end. too bad.